Saturday May 25, 7:00 PM
St Lawrence Centre for the Arts, Bluma Appel Theatre
27 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5E 1B4, Canada
The Fairy Doll was premiered at the Vienna Court Opera on the 4th October 1888. Composed by the Austrian Josef Bayer the score has a regimental music flavour and was the greatest ballet success for the Vienna Court Opera ever; still being performed to this day. The story is about a toy store that has a collection of beautiful lifelike dolls. Favorite of them all is the Fairy Doll. At night when everyone goes to sleep the Fairy Doll awakes and uses her magic to bring the entire toy store to life. Artistic Director Tatiana Stepanova keeps the tradition of the Fairy Doll with stunning costumes, beautiful sets, and captivating choreography. This whimsical tale is for all to enjoy.
Stepanova Ballet Academy
Through the vision of Stepanova Ballet Academy ’s Artistic Director TATIANA STEPANOVA, we aim to develop technique, discipline, confidence and a sustained love of dance in every student. Based in Thornhill, Ontario, Stepanova Ballet Academy has a diverse group of students from the Greater Toronto Area and beyond ( Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, North York, Mississauga, Oshawa). Stepanova Ballet Academy is based on the principles set out by the Vaganova Method. This precise technique and system of instruction promotes the development of lower back strength, arm plasticity, and all the extra strength, flexibility and endurance needed for ballet.
The breadth and depth of the education we provide, coupled with the expertise and support of our faculty and connections to world class ballet companies, make it possible for us to offer unparalleled ballet training and dance educations programs at the highest quality for a wide range of students.
Our students have succeeded at international dance competitions such as Youth American Grand Prix , and have received scholarships to prestigious ballet academies including Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Moscow and Princess Grace Academy in Monaco. Success of our students isn’t solely based on their dance aspirations, learn more about our graduates here.
Sign Up Today
Summer Intensive 2019
Why join Stepanova Ballet Academy?
- Regardless of dance aspirations, we offer a high quality education for all our students. Our philosophy is that given the opportunity children should receive a proper high quality education that will benefit them for the rest of their lives
- Classical Ballet Program – comprehensive dance education in a nurturing, well rounded environment.
- Quality dance training, when continued for a number of years, gives the student confidence as well as the ability to dance properly
- Gain valuable stage experience by performing in professionally stages classical ballet productions, such as: Cinderella, Pinocchio, Thumbelina, and many more
- Performance opportunities for our dancers
Mme. Stepanova has single handily choreographed the following master pieces:
Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Graduation Ball, Hansel & Gretel, My Way (Frank Sinatra), Snow White, Thumbelina, Coppelia, Chipollino, Pinocchio, La Fille Mal Gardee, The Fairy Doll and The Nutcracker
Ballet lessons are offered for all levels of commitment and ability
- Highly skilled, truly talented teachers
- A strong ballet curriculum
- Perform in professionally-staged productions
- Comprehensive dance education in a nurturing, well rounded environment
- Injury-free training emphasizing the simultaneous development of both technical proficiency and individual artistry
- Classically trained ballet dancers can go anywhere in the world and take class anywhere they choose.
Stepanova Ballet Academy is now accepting new students. Please contact us to arrange for an appointment and tour of our facility.
Location: 85 Glen Cameron Rd, Thornhill, Ontario
Telephone: (905) 731-3808