Artistic Director - Tatiana Stepanova
The Vaganova Method is a ballet technique and training system devised by the Russian dancer and pedagogue Agrippina Vaganova (1879–1951). Acknowledged as the foremost training syllabus of classical ballet, this extraordinary system incorporates the best techniques from French, Italian and Russian training methods. This notated and progressive training method involves the systematic study of all ballet movements by breaking them down into their separate elements and is characterized by flawless precision, attention to detail, ease of execution, emotion-evoking grace, and individual creativity. Dancers develop the knowledge of how one’s body should be used in order to dance with expression
Today the Vaganova Method is the most common method of teaching ballet in Russia. It is also widely used in Europe and in North America.
SBA & Vaganova Method:
Under the Artistic Direction of Tatiana Stepanova, Stepanova Ballet Academy is based on the principles set out by the Vaganova Method. This precise technique and system of instruction promotes the development of lower back strength, arm plasticity, and all the extra strength, flexibility and endurance needed for ballet.
- Injury-free training emphasising the simultaneous development of both technical proficiency and individual artistry
- Systematic study of all ballet movements by breaking them down in their separate elements.
- Classically trained ballet dancers can go anywhere in the world and take class anywhere they choose.
- Proper dance training can make it possible for a dance student to become a professional dancers and achieve their dream of dancing on stage. (See our student success stories)
- Quality dance training, when continued for a number of years, gives the student confidence as well as the ability to dance properly.
Tatiana proudly uses the prestigious Russian Vaganova Method of instruction.
This precise technique and system of instruction promotes the development of lower back strength, arm plasticity, and all the extra strength, flexibility and endurance needed for ballet You’ll be able to see the benefits immediately in your child’s improved posture. In fact, the entire sculpting and toning of the body happens naturally with ballet.